Belle and Sebastian Call For Video Submissions
Can you lip synch or dance or both at the same time? Do you want to appear in the video for ‘Belle and Sebastian (Live)’, a track from What To Look For In Summer?
- Find a pal who can film you OR you’ll need to balance your camera or phone against a stable object facing you.
- Cue up the new live version (click here) of the song ‘Belle & Sebastian’ on your nearest device.
- Look to camera, hit record, get ready to dance & press play!
The band want to create a new video with a variety of lip synching (singing along) & dancing clips submitted by you to accompany our live recording of ‘Belle & Sebastian’. Have fun! Go outdoors! Dress up!
We’ll accept entries * until November 13th.
*Please capture horizontal footage in 1080p HD (most mobile phone cameras will do!), upload to your fileshare of choice (WeTransfer, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc), and email to [email protected]
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- These Terms and Conditions shall be binding in respect of any use of the Material (as defined below);
- Participation is open to individuals worldwide;
- The artist professionally known as Belle and Sebastian (“Artist”) is uploading and hosting master recordings by Artist of the live album ”What to Look For In Summer (“Materials”) onto the website Soundcloud (“Website”). Users to the Website (“Users”) will be entitled to download the Materials to their personal computers, tablets or phones only and to use the Materials to create original video content (“User Video”) to be submitted to and used by Artist in an upcoming music video (“Artist Video”) only. No other use of the Material is permitted hereunder;
- Nothing contained in these terms and conditions or in the act of making the Materials available on the Website shall give to any Users or any other third party any rights in and to the Material and/or the underlying compositions embodied therein save as specifically stated herein. All rights in and to the Materials (whether as part of a User Video or otherwise) shall remain vested in the Artist and Matador Records (“Label”);
- By downloading the Materials Users agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained herein and that any use of the User Video shall be in accordance with the terms and conditions contained herein only;
- Participation is open to Users over the age of eighteen (18);
- By downloading the Material, each User hereby confirms and agrees that Label and Artist and their designees shall have the worldwide rights in perpetuity to manufacture sell distribute exploit and advertise Videos embodying such User Video by any method now or hereafter known to release records under any trademarks trade names or labels to perform the records or other reproductions publicly and to permit public performance thereof by broadcast or any other method now or hereafter known all upon such terms and conditions as Label may approve and to permit others to do any or all of the foregoing or Label may at their election refrain from any or all of the foregoing;
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, by downloading the Material Users hereby agree to enter into any further documentation required by Label and/or Artist to confirm the rights to the User Video or otherwise;
- Users further warrant that they are fully entitled and free to enter into these terms and conditions and make the warranties and grant of rights herein; and use of the User Video shall not infringe or violate the copyright or performer’s right or right of privacy or publicity or moral right or any other right of any person or common law or statutory rights of any third party and will not be defamatory or obscene;
- Users, by downloading the Materials, agree and do indemnify and hold harmless the Artist, Label and their licensees and assigns from any and all claims loss and damage (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of or connected with i) any claim by a third party which is inconsistent with any of the warranties or representations made by users in this contract or ii) any use of the User Video by Label, Artist or authorised by Label and/or Artist;
- In addition to the foregoing, by downloading the Materials, Users give to Label and Artist the worldwide non-exclusive right in perpetuity to use and to permit others to use Users name, professional name and approved likeness and approved biographical material;
- These terms and conditions and the content contained therein (including without limitation the Material and any User Remix) shall be governed by laws of the State of New York and by participating all Users agree that all disputes shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New York.